Friday 31 July 2015

Review of AGONi (2015) Ryan Vincent Logsdon ...... That ending .......

So after chatting away with Ryan last week and saying that I need to see AGONi I come home to find the Limited Edition DVD on my door step so like a little girl run to put it on at the first moment I get ...





AGONi 2015


Ryan Vincent Logsdon & AGONiiNK productions


Starring :
Sarah M / Joey M / Mel L / Deanna Lynne / Ashley G / Jim E / Ryan K / Mander Jane / Baby JD / Emmy Z / Sweet Livi / Ryan Vincent Logsdon


You wont be seeing me go into lavish detail on the story its simple, you are getting an insight into a impulse murderer and his exploits through the police footage found, basically after speaking to Ryan quite a lot recently and telling me about one of his favourite movies "The Poughkeepsie Tapes" it is a perfect homage but easily on par for a debut to be as creepy.....





The name AGONi fits perfectly for the movie it is such a dark account of the exploits of a murderer and the journey we are taken upon through the 67 minutes of the feature, Ryan is a master of work the use of the camera and limited dialogue and the theme clouding around the characters is extremely impressive....





Its dark its depressing its full of visuals and very haunting the ode to "Poughkeepsie tapes" that he was telling me about I would probably say it easily is the equal maybe better, some of the scenes are quite horrific in places but I wont mention anything about them wouldn't want to spoil the movie ...





It is pretty much your perfect voyeuristic debut from Ryan, it is visually beautiful and brutal in the same gasp the violence is small but so effective there are genuinely scenes in the movie that make you think Jesus if this is something as a first effort I hate to see what we are going to be watching in 6 months....


1 thing I will say is the last 10 minutes of the movie, wow mind provoking and visceral definitely and THAT ENDING ..... I'll leave it at that .....


I wont put this as any comparison to movies of recent years Ryan clearly will stand alone and his future will be full of violence and gore and beautiful scenery to match...


Overall 8.5/10


Find AGONi on Facebook (It will make your day) 

AGONi

No comments:

Post a Comment